- may be on medications;
- recovering from an injury or have limited mobility;
- is post-surgical and wanting to gain strength and flexibility;
- is ready to start incorporating an exercise program that moves at their own pace.
All poses are modified for therapeutic classes.
Learn to protect and strengthen the joints of the body to experience renewed movement with ease and joy.
Suggestions will be made and poses implemented with the support of props and chairs to accommodate dysfunctional joints due to injury, aging issues, etc.
Explore holding poses as we gradually apply load to the joints to increase strength and balance. Care will be taken to balance both strength and relaxation to develop a functional and happy body.
The therapeutic Yoga class also focuses on the ability to recruit the core muscles for balance; the alignment of the joints, the posture and most importantly, the spine; and on the breath, working towards healing the body from the inside.
Participants should consult their physician for approval to participate.
* Be able to stand up for short periods of time (a chair will be available for support).
* Modification of all poses will be used. Moving to the mat for some poses is optional.
* All yoga poses can be done in a chair or using the wall.
* Although Yoga has a strong philosophy component, we will ONLY be focusing on the physical poses.
* Yoga Mats and props are supplied.
* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.